Friday, April 12, 2013

Hello America, the Land of Burgers, Tacos and Fro-yo!



Hello my friends and faithful readers(anyone out there?),

My blog has been quiet for a bit, mostly because I have been busy moving out of my apartment in Stockholm and getting re-adjusted to life back stateside. When I first arrived in Chicago, it was beautiful, the sun was streaming, the skies were blue and and it just felt so damn good to be "home".

And wouldn't you know it, the first thing I did was go out and EAT all the good ol' American food I had been craving, dreaming, and drooling about during my time in Sweden. Don't get me wrong, the food in Scandinavia was amazing, but there is something to be said about the satisfaction and pure unadulterated joy that I get from sinking my teeth into a perfectly cooked beef patty covered with melted gooey cheese(o glorious cheese!) and feeling the grease dribble down my chin...disgustingly graphic huh? Ha, you betcha!

I rounded out my food haul with a lunch stop at Nui Sushi for their half price maki lunch special and a delicious dinner consisting of an assortment of tacos plus a massive frozen margarita at Flacos Tacos! I also made room for chicken nuggets and waffle fries at Chick Filet and of course...how could I forget the delicious dairy goodness that is Forever Yogurt?!

Peanut butter frozen yogurt!...how I have missed thee!

So what if my skinny jeans are now feeling a bit snug and I've had to loosen my belt one two notches...my weeklong food binge was worth it! And besides the gym is just across the street, I plan on reactivating my account just as soon as my jet-lag and.......food coma wears off! :p

-Ran-"feed-at-your-own-risk"-Ma


I am listening to:
"Waste"- Foster the People
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbEVzpdOlVg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...