Wednesday, March 26, 2014

When things get tough, the tough get going!


Bam! Whack! Kapow! Boom!

Do you hear that?! That's me waking up today and Kicking A$$!!




The point of a blog is to be honest right? So there is no sugarcoating here- this week officially sucks. The moment I solve one problem, another unexpected one pops up. My life in Copenhagen is a perpetual cycle of putting out one fire after another >:O

BUT- you know what? I chose to move to Copenhagen, I chose to live this life, so now I have to take all these challenges in stride. I mean- what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger right?

When you move abroad to a new country where you don't know anyone and have no family or friends, it can be tough to feel like you belong. Of course it is easy to have "drinking buddies"- and I have more than my fair share of those, but it is when things go wrong that you see who your true friends are. The ones that got your back, NO MATTER WHAT. And when you are having a hard time- you don't even have to ask- bc they are already on the way with backup. Those people are true friends and I am lucky to have some steadfast ones in my life -I don't think I would have lasted this long in CPH without them.

Therefore, on days like today when I feel like the world is screwing me over - I still have hope. I know I can find my way because I am not in this alone :) anddddd I have been through worse haven't I?

So I tell myself: Get up, Ran! There is work to be done! You gave up everything to move this new place to do something. To MAKE SOMETHING! So GET UP! and get GOING!



And yes, dem haterz gonna hate :p -Ran



I'm grooving to:
Milky Chance - "Stolen Dance"

3 comments:

  1. I think it's illegal for a landlord to kick you out with so short warning. Try ask your Danish friends if you have, but according to the law, you can only be kicked out without warning if you violate several situations such as abusing the place you stay, you play music very loud and bother other people etc etc you get the idea

    https://www.familieadvokaten.dk/Emner/755.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kutubuku - thansk for the advice!

    I actually spoke to a real estate lawyer yesterday and I am now quite clear on my rights as a tenant- I know I am supposed to get 12 months warning. However - why live somewhere where you are not wanted? I think its better just for me to bite the bullet and really search for something more permanent. Any suggestions?

    -Ran

    ReplyDelete
  3. true that, but you should get compensation for all your troubles. I think in my opinion these landlords could do whatever they feel like because tenants are giving up the fights. I am not saying that you should do this and that and totally understand you for not wanting to live there anywhere, but someone has to teach these people a lesson - it's really too easy to kick out a "foreigner" because they don't know the laws and the rules :(

    Totally off topic, my former classmate from DTU was cheated several times on his paycheck (on his side job as newspaper delivery boy) because he couldn't understand Danish.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...